.Ge0l0gic file virus Removal Report – Data Recovery Included
Is your computer infected with .Ge0l0gic file virus virus? Are you unable to access any of your system files or data? Are you Struggling to remove this nasty .Ge0l0gic file virus infection and decrypt your files? Don’t want to pay ransom money to hackers? Check this guide for complete working method to delete .Ge0l0gic file virus virus and recover your data easily.
What Is .Ge0l0gic file virus
.Ge0l0gic file virus is a dubious computer virus. It is nasty file encryption malware that can infect all Windows PC. It is a silent intruder that can easily get into your PC without permission. Once getting inside your machine, it will lock down all your system files and change their extension. When you will try to access your encrypted, it will show you error. This perilous .Ge0l0gic file virus infection will also leave a ransom note on your computer screen in text format. It will ask you to pay the ransom money as soon as possible to get the decryption key. This nasty PC infection will ask you that your s can only get unlocked via decryption key that you need to purchase by paying the fine.
.Ge0l0gic file virus virus mainly get spread through bundled freeware programs and spam emails. Once installed on your PC, this nasty virus infection will also change desktop wallpaper of your computer with a ransom note. It is able to encrypt all types of system files including videos, images, audios, pdf, text, MS office files and many others. You will not be able to access any of your data. .Ge0l0gic file virus will also make unwanted and malicious changes to registry files of your computer for getting automatically started on your PC. This nasty threat will surely not decrpyt your files even after paying the ransom money. So it is really a bad idea to pay the fine. You must remove this cunning .Ge0l0gic file virus malware virus completely from your system.
Guide To Remove .Ge0l0gic file virus
If you want to get rid of .Ge0l0gic file virus from your PC, you will have to completely delete all its associated files and left overs of this threat. It is a tricky infection which may have created its multiple copies and distributed at different locations on your system. Keep in mind that the names of those files could be different from the original infection name. This makes it more complex to delete this threat permanently. It could take lots of time to find all those files manually. Well, before getting started to remove .Ge0l0gic file virus manually, you must ask yourself that you have proper technical knowledge. You must be able to reverse the process if anything goes wrong. If you want to avoid any kind of complication then we suggest you to download Automatic Malware Scanner to see whether it can detect this threat on your system. It is a free scanner which gives you power to scan your system for malicious program and if it detect any threat then you have purchase the full version to remove that infection.
Special Bonus – Recover Encrypted Files Using Data Recovery Pro
- First of all download the Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
- After installing the programs, click on Start Scan button to run a full scan of your computer.
- When software detects all files then click on Recover button to get back your data.
Remove .Ge0l0gic file virus with Manual Solution.
Important Note :- For the safety of your PC, before you start the .Ge0l0gic file virus manual removal, kindly confirm the following things:
1. You have good experience for removing virus and malware by manual Technique.
2. Your computer techniques must reach the level of system experts
3. You should very friendly with Registry and clearly know that what harmful consequence may occur for your mistake.
4. You are capable to reverse the wrong operations during .Ge0l0gic file virus manual removal.
If you do not fulfill the following term and conditions, then manual removal may be very risky option for you. If you make little mistake or delete wrong registry file, you might end up corrupting your entire OS. So we suggest you to give a chance to automatic malware scanner to whether it will find threats for you.
Step 1 – Remove .Ge0l0gic file virus and all virus from Control Panel.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Type “control panel” in Run window and click on Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Press Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click .Ge0l0gic file virus or other unwanted programs and press Uninstall:
Step 2 – Delete .Ge0l0gic file virus fromGoogle Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet EXplorer and Microsoft Edge.
Remove .Ge0l0gic file virus On Google Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> press your Chrome menu > press Tools> press Extension> choose .Ge0l0gic file virus and unwanted extensions> click on trash bin
On Mozilla Firefox: Open your Mozilla Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > choose Add-ons > choose .Ge0l0gic file virus and unwanted extensions and add-ons > delete it with the help of Disable or Remove button.
On Internet Explorer: Open IE >press Tools > press Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> choose .Ge0l0gic file virus and unwanted extensions and add-ons > press on Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to delete .Ge0l0gic file virus associated hijacker)
Reset MS Edge homepage: Press More (…) > press Settings > choose A specific page or pages under “Open with” > choose Custom to enter your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Press More (…) > press Settings > press View advanced settings > press <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> enter your favorite search engine >press Add as default.
Step 3 – Uninstall noxious files of .Ge0l0gic file virus from Registry.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window, then input “regedit” in Run window and press Enter button to open Registry:
2. Locate and uninstall registry files generated by .Ge0l0gic file virus and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<.Ge0l0gic file virus>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Rando
Optional : Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your “Google Chrome“ browser, click on Chrome menu.
- Click on “Settings” option from drop down list.
- Go to search box and type RESET.
- Finally click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox“ browser, click on Firefox menu and on press Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button from top of page.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box appear on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open Edge browser >> click on “more icon” >> select “settings”.
- Now you have to select “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Choose “first three options” >> click on “Clear” button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on “Advance tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find “Delete Personal Settings” option and press “Reset” Button.
- Finally click on “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Important Note To Ignore Viruses :– Something You Should Know After Removing .Ge0l0gic file virus
To avoid .Ge0l0gic file virus coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- You must be always select Custom Installation no matter what application you are going to install;
- Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
- Scan all your downloaded files and applications or attachments of email before you open them;
- you should Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails because they often bring threats like .Ge0l0gic file virus on your system without your permission.
- kindly Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites because they are the most prominent source of malware.
- never try to update any app from nonofficial websites or from any unknown pop-ups that suddenly appear on your computer screen
- Do not download any kind of cracked software or programs because they often bundled with threat .Ge0l0gic file virus that will get installed automatically on your PC.