Get Rid of Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware (Delete Virus + Decrypt Your Files)
I have got Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware on my computer. When I started my computer today, all my files are locked. The extension of all my files got changed with .ENC extension. I am unable to access any of my system files. This nasty Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware is also demanding ransom for decrypting my files. Please help me to get rid of this virus and recover my files.
Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware is a nasty computer virus. This perilous threat is a harmful file encrypting virus that can get into your system without permission. This nasty PC virus can get into your machine without permission and encrypt all your files and data. This pernicious computer malware infection can easily get into your system through spam emails attachments. Once this baneful virus get the access of your system, it will scan your entire files and encrypt all your data. This noxious PC virus can easily encrypt all kind of system files like images, videos, audios, word files, PPT, excel, html, text and many others. Once done with encrypting your files, this nasty Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware will replace the extension of all your files with .ENC extension. It will also leave a ransom note on your computer screen.
Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware has the primary motive to extort money from the users. To full fill its criminals purpose, this nasty threat will replace your desktop wallpaper with a ransom note. It will ask you to pay the ransom money in given time to get your files back. This obnoxious Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware will ask you that all your files can only get unlocked by using the decryption key. It will also threat users to pay the fine through bitcoins. As other users infected Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware shared their experience it is not sure that you will get your files back by paying the ransom money. So it is advised to to delete this nasty Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware virus completely from your PC and try to recover your files through a data recovery software.
Guide To Remove Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware
If you want to get rid of Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware from your PC, you will have to completely delete all its associated files and left overs of this threat. It is a tricky infection which may have created its multiple copies and distributed at different locations on your system. Keep in mind that the names of those files could be different from the original infection name. This makes it more complex to delete this threat permanently. It could take lots of time to find all those files manually. Well, before getting started to remove Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware manually, you must ask yourself that you have proper technical knowledge. You must be able to reverse the process if anything goes wrong. If you want to avoid any kind of complication then we suggest you to download Automatic Malware Scanner to see whether it can detect this threat on your system. It is a free scanner which gives you power to scan your system for malicious program and if it detect any threat then you have purchase the full version to remove that infection.
Special Bonus – Recover Encrypted Files Using Data Recovery Pro
- First of all download the Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
- After installing the programs, click on Start Scan button to run a full scan of your computer.
- When software detects all files then click on Recover button to get back your data.
Remove Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware with Manual Solution.
Important Note :- For the safety of your PC, before you start the Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware manual removal, kindly confirm the following things:
1. You have good experience for removing virus and malware by manual Technique.
2. Your computer techniques must reach the level of system experts
3. You should very friendly with Registry and clearly know that what harmful consequence may occur for your mistake.
4. You are capable to reverse the wrong operations during Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware manual removal.
If you do not fulfill the following term and conditions, then manual removal may be very risky option for you. If you make little mistake or delete wrong registry file, you might end up corrupting your entire OS. So we suggest you to give a chance to automatic malware scanner to whether it will find threats for you.
Step 1 – Remove Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware and all virus from Control Panel.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Type “control panel” in Run window and click on Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Press Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware or other unwanted programs and press Uninstall:
Step 2 – Delete Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware fromGoogle Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet EXplorer and Microsoft Edge.
Remove Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware On Google Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> press your Chrome menu > press Tools> press Extension> choose Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware and unwanted extensions> click on trash bin
On Mozilla Firefox: Open your Mozilla Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > choose Add-ons > choose Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware and unwanted extensions and add-ons > delete it with the help of Disable or Remove button.
On Internet Explorer: Open IE >press Tools > press Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> choose Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware and unwanted extensions and add-ons > press on Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to delete Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware associated hijacker)
Reset MS Edge homepage: Press More (…) > press Settings > choose A specific page or pages under “Open with” > choose Custom to enter your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Press More (…) > press Settings > press View advanced settings > press <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> enter your favorite search engine >press Add as default.
Step 3 – Uninstall noxious files of Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware from Registry.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window, then input “regedit” in Run window and press Enter button to open Registry:
2. Locate and uninstall registry files generated by Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Rando
Optional : Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your “Google Chrome“ browser, click on Chrome menu.
- Click on “Settings” option from drop down list.
- Go to search box and type RESET.
- Finally click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox“ browser, click on Firefox menu and on press Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button from top of page.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box appear on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open Edge browser >> click on “more icon” >> select “settings”.
- Now you have to select “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Choose “first three options” >> click on “Clear” button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on “Advance tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find “Delete Personal Settings” option and press “Reset” Button.
- Finally click on “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Important Note To Ignore Viruses :– Something You Should Know After Removing Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware
To avoid Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- You must be always select Custom Installation no matter what application you are going to install;
- Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
- Scan all your downloaded files and applications or attachments of email before you open them;
- you should Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails because they often bring threats like Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware on your system without your permission.
- kindly Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites because they are the most prominent source of malware.
- never try to update any app from nonofficial websites or from any unknown pop-ups that suddenly appear on your computer screen
- Do not download any kind of cracked software or programs because they often bundled with threat Sodinokibi (REvil) Ransomware that will get installed automatically on your PC.