What Is W97M.Downloader.FUG
Hey friends!!! I am Mark and I am looking for some help to remove W97M.Downloader.FUG virus from my computer. I have recently purchased an new Windows 10 laptop. I was watching an online movie and suddenly my anti-virus detected this W97M.Downloader.FUG virus. I have wasted 3 hours to scan my PC but failed to remove this virus. Please help me to completely remove this nasty W97M.Downloader.FUG virus.
W97M.Downloader.FUG is a dubious computer infection detected as Trojan virus. This perilous malware is a heuristic detection and found to be a very lethal threat for all Windows computers. It can easily intrude any of the Windows Operating system without permission and carry forward several malignant activities. After successful invasion, this noxious Trojan virus can easily block your anti-virus or firewall program to avoid its removal. It will make your system really slow and causes several unwanted problems. W97M.Downloader.FUG will disable your control panel, task manager, registry editor and other important programs. It will completely mess with your system programs and corrupt your files.
W97M.Downloader.FUG can get spread through bundled freeware programs, spam emails, suspicious websites, malicious links, fake pop-ups, bogus update, infected USB and drive by downloads. Once installed on your computer, this perilous threat will also download other harmful infections on your computer. Your PC will start working very slow and often get unresponsive. It is very hard to detect and remove this noxious W97M.Downloader.FUG Trojan virus for other threats and malware. This perilous threat can also steal your personal and confidential details including your financial information. It can share your private details with hackers and risk your privacy. You are advised to delete W97M.Downloader.FUG soon from your computer.
Guide To Remove W97M.Downloader.FUG
If you want to get rid of W97M.Downloader.FUG from your PC, you will have to completely delete all its associated files and left overs of this threat. It is a tricky infection which may have created its multiple copies and distributed at different locations on your system. Keep in mind that the names of those files could be different from the original infection name. This makes it more complex to delete this threat permanently. It could take lots of time to find all those files manually. Well, before getting started to remove W97M.Downloader.FUG manually, you must ask yourself that you have proper technical knowledge. You must be able to reverse the process if anything goes wrong. If you want to avoid any kind of complication then we suggest you to download Automatic Malware Scanner to see whether it can detect this threat on your system. It is a free scanner which gives you power to scan your system for malicious program and if it detect any threat then you have purchase the full version to remove that infection.
Remove W97M.Downloader.FUG with Manual Solution.
Important Note :- For the safety of your PC, before you start the W97M.Downloader.FUG manual removal, kindly confirm the following things:
1. You have good experience for removing virus and malware by manual Technique.
2. Your computer techniques must reach the level of system experts
3. You should very friendly with Registry and clearly know that what harmful consequence may occur for your mistake.
4. You are capable to reverse the wrong operations during W97M.Downloader.FUG manual removal.
If you do not fulfill the following term and conditions, then manual removal may be very risky option for you. If you make little mistake or delete wrong registry file, you might end up corrupting your entire OS. So we suggest you to give a chance to automatic malware scanner to whether it will find threats for you.
Step 1 – Remove W97M.Downloader.FUG and all virus from Control Panel.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Type “control panel” in Run window and click on Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Press Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click W97M.Downloader.FUG or other unwanted programs and press Uninstall:
Step 2 – Delete W97M.Downloader.FUG fromGoogle Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet EXplorer and Microsoft Edge.
Remove W97M.Downloader.FUG On Google Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> press your Chrome menu > press Tools> press Extension> choose W97M.Downloader.FUG and unwanted extensions> click on trash bin
On Mozilla Firefox: Open your Mozilla Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > choose Add-ons > choose W97M.Downloader.FUG and unwanted extensions and add-ons > delete it with the help of Disable or Remove button.
On Internet Explorer: Open IE >press Tools > press Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> choose W97M.Downloader.FUG and unwanted extensions and add-ons > press on Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to delete W97M.Downloader.FUG associated hijacker)
Reset MS Edge homepage: Press More (…) > press Settings > choose A specific page or pages under “Open with” > choose Custom to enter your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Press More (…) > press Settings > press View advanced settings > press <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> enter your favorite search engine >press Add as default.
Step 3 – Uninstall noxious files of W97M.Downloader.FUG from Registry.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window, then input “regedit” in Run window and press Enter button to open Registry:
2. Locate and uninstall registry files generated by W97M.Downloader.FUG and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<W97M.Downloader.FUG>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Rando
Optional : Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your “Google Chrome“ browser, click on Chrome menu.
- Click on “Settings” option from drop down list.
- Go to search box and type RESET.
- Finally click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox“ browser, click on Firefox menu and on press Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button from top of page.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box appear on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open Edge browser >> click on “more icon” >> select “settings”.
- Now you have to select “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Choose “first three options” >> click on “Clear” button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on “Advance tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find “Delete Personal Settings” option and press “Reset” Button.
- Finally click on “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Important Note To Ignore Viruses :– Something You Should Know After Removing W97M.Downloader.FUG
To avoid W97M.Downloader.FUG coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- You must be always select Custom Installation no matter what application you are going to install;
- Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
- Scan all your downloaded files and applications or attachments of email before you open them;
- you should Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails because they often bring threats like W97M.Downloader.FUG on your system without your permission.
- kindly Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites because they are the most prominent source of malware.
- never try to update any app from nonofficial websites or from any unknown pop-ups that suddenly appear on your computer screen
- Do not download any kind of cracked software or programs because they often bundled with threat W97M.Downloader.FUG that will get installed automatically on your PC.