How To Remove .CHKJX file virus From Your PC (+Recover Data)
What Is .CHKJX file virus
Is your computer infected by .CHKJX file virus? Is your system files encrypted by this nasty crypto malware ? Are you unable to access your system files? Are you unable to remove this infection from your PC? Go through this guide to easily delete .CHKJX file virus and recover your files.
.CHKJX file virus is a notorious PC threat classified as file encrypting malware. This dubious computer infection is a severe and harmful virus that can easily get into your computer without permission. It is able to attack all versions of Windows PC including Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. Once this pernicious computer virus will get the access of your machine, it will brutally mess with your system files. It will scan your entire computer and then it will encrypt all possible files available on your computer. You will not be able to open any of your data. When you will try open your documents, .CHKJX file virus will throw a ransom message on your computer screen. It will ask you to pay ransom money to get your files back.
.CHKJX file virus will show a ransom message on your computer screen in which it will ask you to pay the fine to buy the decryption key. It will ask you that all your files are locked with a powerful encryption algorithm and can only get unlocked by the private decryption key generated for your computer. It will ask you to pay the ransom money withing give time to get decryption key. Once this that you must know about this threat, that .CHKJX file virus will not unlock your files even after paying the fine. So paying the ransom money is just waste. You must not encourage hackers to continue these kind of attack by the money. It is advised to completely remove .CHKJX file virus from your computer by using a powerful anti-malware program and recover your files by using Recuva a free data recovery software.
Guide To Remove .CHKJX file virus
If you want to get rid of .CHKJX file virus from your PC, you will have to completely delete all its associated files and left overs of this threat. It is a tricky infection which may have created its multiple copies and distributed at different locations on your system. Keep in mind that the names of those files could be different from the original infection name. This makes it more complex to delete this threat permanently. It could take lots of time to find all those files manually. Well, before getting started to remove .CHKJX file virus manually, you must ask yourself that you have proper technical knowledge. You must be able to reverse the process if anything goes wrong. If you want to avoid any kind of complication then we suggest you to download Automatic Malware Scanner to see whether it can detect this threat on your system. It is a free scanner which gives you power to scan your system for malicious program and if it detect any threat then you have purchase the full version to remove that infection.
Special Bonus – Recover Encrypted Files Using Data Recovery Pro
- First of all download the Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
- After installing the programs, click on Start Scan button to run a full scan of your computer.
- When software detects all files then click on Recover button to get back your data.
Remove .CHKJX file virus with Manual Solution.
Important Note :- For the safety of your PC, before you start the .CHKJX file virus manual removal, kindly confirm the following things:
1. You have good experience for removing virus and malware by manual Technique.
2. Your computer techniques must reach the level of system experts
3. You should very friendly with Registry and clearly know that what harmful consequence may occur for your mistake.
4. You are capable to reverse the wrong operations during .CHKJX file virus manual removal.
If you do not fulfill the following term and conditions, then manual removal may be very risky option for you. If you make little mistake or delete wrong registry file, you might end up corrupting your entire OS. So we suggest you to give a chance to automatic malware scanner to whether it will find threats for you.
Step 1 – Remove .CHKJX file virus and all virus from Control Panel.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Type “control panel” in Run window and click on Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Press Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click .CHKJX file virus or other unwanted programs and press Uninstall:
Step 2 – Delete .CHKJX file virus fromGoogle Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet EXplorer and Microsoft Edge.
Remove .CHKJX file virus On Google Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> press your Chrome menu > press Tools> press Extension> choose .CHKJX file virus and unwanted extensions> click on trash bin
On Mozilla Firefox: Open your Mozilla Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > choose Add-ons > choose .CHKJX file virus and unwanted extensions and add-ons > delete it with the help of Disable or Remove button.
On Internet Explorer: Open IE >press Tools > press Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> choose .CHKJX file virus and unwanted extensions and add-ons > press on Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to delete .CHKJX file virus associated hijacker)
Reset MS Edge homepage: Press More (…) > press Settings > choose A specific page or pages under “Open with” > choose Custom to enter your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Press More (…) > press Settings > press View advanced settings > press <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> enter your favorite search engine >press Add as default.
Step 3 – Uninstall noxious files of .CHKJX file virus from Registry.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window, then input “regedit” in Run window and press Enter button to open Registry:
2. Locate and uninstall registry files generated by .CHKJX file virus and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<.CHKJX file virus>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Rando
Optional : Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your “Google Chrome“ browser, click on Chrome menu.
- Click on “Settings” option from drop down list.
- Go to search box and type RESET.
- Finally click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox“ browser, click on Firefox menu and on press Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button from top of page.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box appear on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open Edge browser >> click on “more icon” >> select “settings”.
- Now you have to select “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Choose “first three options” >> click on “Clear” button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on “Advance tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find “Delete Personal Settings” option and press “Reset” Button.
- Finally click on “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Important Note To Ignore Viruses :– Something You Should Know After Removing .CHKJX file virus
To avoid .CHKJX file virus coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- You must be always select Custom Installation no matter what application you are going to install;
- Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
- Scan all your downloaded files and applications or attachments of email before you open them;
- you should Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails because they often bring threats like .CHKJX file virus on your system without your permission.
- kindly Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites because they are the most prominent source of malware.
- never try to update any app from nonofficial websites or from any unknown pop-ups that suddenly appear on your computer screen
- Do not download any kind of cracked software or programs because they often bundled with threat .CHKJX file virus that will get installed automatically on your PC.