How To Remove Chmet.me Pop-up Virus From PC
Chmet.me Pop-up may look genuine as Google, Bing, Yahoo etc. at first glance. However, users should know that it is just a piece of vicious malware infection distributed by cyber criminals. It is a kind of very cunning PC infection which does not needs users permission in order to sneak into the targeted machine. Presence of this horrific deceptive search engine will bring several crucial modification in your browser settings without even users awareness. It is such a very infectious browser hijacker virus which can easily hijack all known web browsers in your PC such as Firefox, Chrome, I.E, Microsoft Edge and so on. Users are suggested to remove Chmet.me Pop-up at the earliest or else it may trick you in severe online scam.
Chmet.me Pop-up usually gets inside the targeted computer by stealth using several deceptive means such as software bundling, email scooping, clicking unknown links, visiting porn sites etc. Well, it aims to earn money by driving illegal web traffic for malicious sites that is also created by the hackers. Hence, due to this notorious infection users will face frequent browser redirection issues. Moreover, it also promote several unwanted ads and pop-up messages on whatever website you visit. It also decrease your Internet speed and does not let you to visit certain legit sites. In simple word your online activities will be completely controlled by the remote hackers. Therefore, you have to remove Chmet.me Pop-up virus at the earliest.
Guide To Remove Chmet.me Pop-up
If you want to get rid of Chmet.me Pop-up from your PC, you will have to completely delete all its associated files and left overs of this threat. It is a tricky infection which may have created its multiple copies and distributed at different locations on your system. Keep in mind that the names of those files could be different from the original infection name. This makes it more complex to delete this threat permanently. It could take lots of time to find all those files manually. Well, before getting started to remove Chmet.me Pop-up manually, you must ask yourself that you have proper technical knowledge. You must be able to reverse the process if anything goes wrong. If you want to avoid any kind of complication then we suggest you to download Automatic Malware Scanner to see whether it can detect this threat on your system. It is a free scanner which gives you power to scan your system for malicious program and if it detect any threat then you have purchase the full version to remove that infection.
Remove Chmet.me Pop-up with Manual Solution.
Important Note :- For the safety of your PC, before you start the Chmet.me Pop-up manual removal, kindly confirm the following things:
1. You have good experience for removing virus and malware by manual Technique.
2. Your computer techniques must reach the level of system experts
3. You should very friendly with Registry and clearly know that what harmful consequence may occur for your mistake.
4. You are capable to reverse the wrong operations during Chmet.me Pop-up manual removal.
If you do not fulfill the following term and conditions, then manual removal may be very risky option for you. If you make little mistake or delete wrong registry file, you might end up corrupting your entire OS. So we suggest you to give a chance to automatic malware scanner to whether it will find threats for you.
Step 1 – Remove Chmet.me Pop-up and all virus from Control Panel.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Type “control panel” in Run window and click on Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Press Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click Chmet.me Pop-up or other unwanted programs and press Uninstall:
Step 2 – Delete Chmet.me Pop-up fromGoogle Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet EXplorer and Microsoft Edge.
Remove Chmet.me Pop-up On Google Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> press your Chrome menu > press Tools> press Extension> choose Chmet.me Pop-up and unwanted extensions> click on trash bin
On Mozilla Firefox: Open your Mozilla Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > choose Add-ons > choose Chmet.me Pop-up and unwanted extensions and add-ons > delete it with the help of Disable or Remove button.
On Internet Explorer: Open IE >press Tools > press Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> choose Chmet.me Pop-up and unwanted extensions and add-ons > press on Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to delete Chmet.me Pop-up associated hijacker)
Reset MS Edge homepage: Press More (…) > press Settings > choose A specific page or pages under “Open with” > choose Custom to enter your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Press More (…) > press Settings > press View advanced settings > press <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> enter your favorite search engine >press Add as default.
Step 3 – Uninstall noxious files of Chmet.me Pop-up from Registry.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window, then input “regedit” in Run window and press Enter button to open Registry:
2. Locate and uninstall registry files generated by Chmet.me Pop-up and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<Chmet.me Pop-up>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Rando
Optional : Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your “Google Chrome“ browser, click on Chrome menu.
- Click on “Settings” option from drop down list.
- Go to search box and type RESET.
- Finally click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox“ browser, click on Firefox menu and on press Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button from top of page.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box appear on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open Edge browser >> click on “more icon” >> select “settings”.
- Now you have to select “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Choose “first three options” >> click on “Clear” button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on “Advance tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find “Delete Personal Settings” option and press “Reset” Button.
- Finally click on “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Important Note To Ignore Viruses :– Something You Should Know After Removing Chmet.me Pop-up
To avoid Chmet.me Pop-up coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- You must be always select Custom Installation no matter what application you are going to install;
- Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
- Scan all your downloaded files and applications or attachments of email before you open them;
- you should Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails because they often bring threats like Chmet.me Pop-up on your system without your permission.
- kindly Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites because they are the most prominent source of malware.
- never try to update any app from nonofficial websites or from any unknown pop-ups that suddenly appear on your computer screen
- Do not download any kind of cracked software or programs because they often bundled with threat Chmet.me Pop-up that will get installed automatically on your PC.