How To Remove Gwmndy Botnet Virus From PC
What is Gwmndy Botnet?
Gwmndy Botnet is yet another very troublesome malware infection which has been recently detected in several Windows computer. It is a kind of very infectious and harmful PC threat and hence it has been categorized as Trojan horse. It has been created and distributed by the cyber criminals in order to perform several malicious activities remotely into the compromised machine. However, the prime motive behind distribution of Gwmndy Botnet Trojan virus is to steal sensitive information like browsing history, banking secrets, login credentials, credit and debit card password, IP address and many more. Hence, once this notorious malware infection sneak in your system then will not only face financial problem but can also be tricked into some legal complications. So, it would be very sensible to uninstall Gwmndy Botnet Trojan virus at the earliest.
Moreover, presence of Gwmndy Botnet Trojan virus for a long time in your computing machine will definitely cause several ill-effects in your PC. It keep executing several malicious activities in your system background and utilizes maximum CPU resources. Due to this very hazardous threat your system will start functioning slower that ever before. Additionally, it will also cause hard drive crash, corruption in .exe files, frequent system shutdown, data loss and many more. Whats more, Gwmndy Botnet Trojan virus even exploit your system vulnerability and open a backdoor which result in easy infiltration of several other viruses and spyware in your computer system. It is such a notorious malware infection which poses highly destructive issues into the victimized computer system and can eventually make your PC completely useless. Therefore, it is recommended to get rid of Gwmndy Botnet Trojan virus the moment it detected in your computer system.
Deceptive Methods Used By Gwmndy Botnet to Infect Your PC
Gwmndy Botnet is kind of very cunning PC threat which finds its own way to the targeted machine. It is such a vicious PC threat which can sneak your computer system without any permission or user consent. However, some of the most conman tactics used by cyber crooks to distribute this threat is listed bellow.
- Bundled along with third party freeware software.
- Spread from malicious site and questionable links.
- Due to using infected media drives in your PC.
- While sharing files from one PC to another with p2p network.
- Opening spam email attachments in your computer.
Guide To Remove Gwmndy Botnet
If you want to get rid of Gwmndy Botnet from your PC, you will have to completely delete all its associated files and left overs of this threat. It is a tricky infection which may have created its multiple copies and distributed at different locations on your system. Keep in mind that the names of those files could be different from the original infection name. This makes it more complex to delete this threat permanently. It could take lots of time to find all those files manually. Well, before getting started to remove Gwmndy Botnet manually, you must ask yourself that you have proper technical knowledge. You must be able to reverse the process if anything goes wrong. If you want to avoid any kind of complication then we suggest you to download Automatic Malware Scanner to see whether it can detect this threat on your system. It is a free scanner which gives you power to scan your system for malicious program and if it detect any threat then you have purchase the full version to remove that infection.
Remove Gwmndy Botnet with Manual Solution.
Important Note :- For the safety of your PC, before you start the Gwmndy Botnet manual removal, kindly confirm the following things:
1. You have good experience for removing virus and malware by manual Technique.
2. Your computer techniques must reach the level of system experts
3. You should very friendly with Registry and clearly know that what harmful consequence may occur for your mistake.
4. You are capable to reverse the wrong operations during Gwmndy Botnet manual removal.
If you do not fulfill the following term and conditions, then manual removal may be very risky option for you. If you make little mistake or delete wrong registry file, you might end up corrupting your entire OS. So we suggest you to give a chance to automatic malware scanner to whether it will find threats for you.
Step 1 – Remove Gwmndy Botnet and all virus from Control Panel.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Type “control panel” in Run window and click on Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Press Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click Gwmndy Botnet or other unwanted programs and press Uninstall:
Step 2 – Delete Gwmndy Botnet fromGoogle Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet EXplorer and Microsoft Edge.
Remove Gwmndy Botnet On Google Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> press your Chrome menu > press Tools> press Extension> choose Gwmndy Botnet and unwanted extensions> click on trash bin
On Mozilla Firefox: Open your Mozilla Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > choose Add-ons > choose Gwmndy Botnet and unwanted extensions and add-ons > delete it with the help of Disable or Remove button.
On Internet Explorer: Open IE >press Tools > press Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> choose Gwmndy Botnet and unwanted extensions and add-ons > press on Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to delete Gwmndy Botnet associated hijacker)
Reset MS Edge homepage: Press More (…) > press Settings > choose A specific page or pages under “Open with” > choose Custom to enter your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Press More (…) > press Settings > press View advanced settings > press <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> enter your favorite search engine >press Add as default.
Step 3 – Uninstall noxious files of Gwmndy Botnet from Registry.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window, then input “regedit” in Run window and press Enter button to open Registry:
2. Locate and uninstall registry files generated by Gwmndy Botnet and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<Gwmndy Botnet>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Rando
Optional : Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your “Google Chrome“ browser, click on Chrome menu.
- Click on “Settings” option from drop down list.
- Go to search box and type RESET.
- Finally click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox“ browser, click on Firefox menu and on press Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button from top of page.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box appear on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open Edge browser >> click on “more icon” >> select “settings”.
- Now you have to select “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Choose “first three options” >> click on “Clear” button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on “Advance tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find “Delete Personal Settings” option and press “Reset” Button.
- Finally click on “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Important Note To Ignore Viruses :– Something You Should Know After Removing Gwmndy Botnet
To avoid Gwmndy Botnet coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- You must be always select Custom Installation no matter what application you are going to install;
- Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
- Scan all your downloaded files and applications or attachments of email before you open them;
- you should Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails because they often bring threats like Gwmndy Botnet on your system without your permission.
- kindly Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites because they are the most prominent source of malware.
- never try to update any app from nonofficial websites or from any unknown pop-ups that suddenly appear on your computer screen
- Do not download any kind of cracked software or programs because they often bundled with threat Gwmndy Botnet that will get installed automatically on your PC.