Remove Scarab-Oops Ransomware (+File Recovery) – Virus Removal Guide
What Is Scarab-Oops Ransomware
Scarab-Oops Ransomware is a nasty computer virus. It is a pernicious malware infection that can stealthily get into your PC and encrypt your entire data. This brutal computer virus can lock your system files and make them inaccessible. When you will try to open any of your files, it will ask you to buy the decryption key to get your files back. It will place a ransom note image in place of your default desktop background. It will also leave a ransom note on your desktop in text format. Scarab-Oops Ransomware will aks you to pay the ransom money to get your files back. This notorious PC virus will also threat users that if they will not apy the fine, their files will get delete permanently.
Scarab-Oops Ransomware is created by cyber crooks to lure PC users and cheat their money. This cunning malware infection is able to lock all kind of system files including images, videos, audios, MS office files, pdf, xml, html, text and many more. You won’t be able to access any of your data. This harmful virus infection is mainly getting spread through bundled freeware programs, spam emails and malicious websites. Scarab-Oops Ransomware virus can also make unwanted changes into the registry editor of your computer to ensure its auto startup in your system. You should not pay the ransom money to hackers because it is not sure that you will get back your files after paying the money. So you are suggested to delete Scarab-Oops Ransomware virus completely from your machine and recover your files using a data recovery tool.
Guide To Remove Scarab-Oops Ransomware
If you want to get rid of Scarab-Oops Ransomware from your PC, you will have to completely delete all its associated files and left overs of this threat. It is a tricky infection which may have created its multiple copies and distributed at different locations on your system. Keep in mind that the names of those files could be different from the original infection name. This makes it more complex to delete this threat permanently. It could take lots of time to find all those files manually. Well, before getting started to remove Scarab-Oops Ransomware manually, you must ask yourself that you have proper technical knowledge. You must be able to reverse the process if anything goes wrong. If you want to avoid any kind of complication then we suggest you to download Automatic Malware Scanner to see whether it can detect this threat on your system. It is a free scanner which gives you power to scan your system for malicious program and if it detect any threat then you have purchase the full version to remove that infection.
Special Bonus – Recover Encrypted Files Using Data Recovery Pro
- First of all download the Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
- After installing the programs, click on Start Scan button to run a full scan of your computer.
- When software detects all files then click on Recover button to get back your data.
Remove Scarab-Oops Ransomware with Manual Solution.
Important Note :- For the safety of your PC, before you start the Scarab-Oops Ransomware manual removal, kindly confirm the following things:
1. You have good experience for removing virus and malware by manual Technique.
2. Your computer techniques must reach the level of system experts
3. You should very friendly with Registry and clearly know that what harmful consequence may occur for your mistake.
4. You are capable to reverse the wrong operations during Scarab-Oops Ransomware manual removal.
If you do not fulfill the following term and conditions, then manual removal may be very risky option for you. If you make little mistake or delete wrong registry file, you might end up corrupting your entire OS. So we suggest you to give a chance to automatic malware scanner to whether it will find threats for you.
Step 1 – Remove Scarab-Oops Ransomware and all virus from Control Panel.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window:
2. Type “control panel” in Run window and click on Enter key to open Control Panel:
3. Press Uninstall a program:
4. Right-click Scarab-Oops Ransomware or other unwanted programs and press Uninstall:
Step 2 – Delete Scarab-Oops Ransomware fromGoogle Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet EXplorer and Microsoft Edge.
Remove Scarab-Oops Ransomware On Google Chrome: Launch up Google Chrome> press your Chrome menu > press Tools> press Extension> choose Scarab-Oops Ransomware and unwanted extensions> click on trash bin
On Mozilla Firefox: Open your Mozilla Firefox, navigate to browser menu in the top right > choose Add-ons > choose Scarab-Oops Ransomware and unwanted extensions and add-ons > delete it with the help of Disable or Remove button.
On Internet Explorer: Open IE >press Tools > press Manager Add-on Tools and Extensions> choose Scarab-Oops Ransomware and unwanted extensions and add-ons > press on Remove or Disable button.
On Microsoft Edge: (Reset default homepage and search engine to delete Scarab-Oops Ransomware associated hijacker)
Reset MS Edge homepage: Press More (…) > press Settings > choose A specific page or pages under “Open with” > choose Custom to enter your favorite website.
Reset Edge homepage: Press More (…) > press Settings > press View advanced settings > press <Add new> under “Search in the address bar with”> enter your favorite search engine >press Add as default.
Step 3 – Uninstall noxious files of Scarab-Oops Ransomware from Registry.
1. click “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window, then input “regedit” in Run window and press Enter button to open Registry:
2. Locate and uninstall registry files generated by Scarab-Oops Ransomware and other threats as below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Start Page Redirect=”http://<random>.com”
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\virus name
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon “Shell” = “%AppData%\<Scarab-Oops Ransomware>.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ‘Random’ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Rando
Optional : Reset Your Browser Settings
Reset Google Chrome
- Open your “Google Chrome“ browser, click on Chrome menu.
- Click on “Settings” option from drop down list.
- Go to search box and type RESET.
- Finally click the “Reset” button to complete the process.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Mozilla Firefox“ browser, click on Firefox menu and on press Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Click on “Refresh Firefox” button from top of page.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box appear on your computer screen.
Reset Microsoft Edge
- Open Edge browser >> click on “more icon” >> select “settings”.
- Now you have to select “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Choose “first three options” >> click on “Clear” button.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open your Internet Explorer browser, click on “Tools” menu and select “Internet Option”.
- Click on “Advance tab” and then hit the “Reset” button.
- Find “Delete Personal Settings” option and press “Reset” Button.
- Finally click on “Close” Button and restart your browser.
Important Note To Ignore Viruses :– Something You Should Know After Removing Scarab-Oops Ransomware
To avoid Scarab-Oops Ransomware coming back and prevent attacks from other infections, follow these basic rules while using your computer:
- You must be always select Custom Installation no matter what application you are going to install;
- Uncheck hidden options which attempt to install additional programs you never need;
- Scan all your downloaded files and applications or attachments of email before you open them;
- you should Never open any attachments of unknown or spam emails because they often bring threats like Scarab-Oops Ransomware on your system without your permission.
- kindly Do not visit Torrent/adult / porn websites because they are the most prominent source of malware.
- never try to update any app from nonofficial websites or from any unknown pop-ups that suddenly appear on your computer screen
- Do not download any kind of cracked software or programs because they often bundled with threat Scarab-Oops Ransomware that will get installed automatically on your PC.